Sunday, October 15, 2006

October 12, 2006: Dagoba chocolate


The fruit shop checkout is now stocked with tempting impulse buys like the supermarket! That's where I bought this bar of chocolate a few days ago, unbeknownst to Michael. Lucky for him I shared it anyway. The chocolate is very similar in taste and texture to 70% cocoa Lindt but I couldn't detect the vanilla or the flavour of the tiny cherry pieces, which was a letdown. Dagoba is more expensive than Lindt ($4.50 for just under 60g, compared to about $4 for 100g of Lindt 70%), but it comes with the conscience-cleansing bonus of being organic and fair trade. I was originally impressed by the other flavour options, including coffee and chai. Now having shown myself to be immune to their cherries, I can probably wait awhile to buy more Dagoba.

Categories:

No comments:

Post a Comment