Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 5, 2011: Little lemon cheesecakes

Michael, Mike and I enjoyed our first Simpsons night so much that we soon arranged another.  This time Michael picked up dinner at Trippy Taco and with an eye on my calendar, I volunteered to make dessert.  

The March feature recipe is for individual cheesecakes and with its reliance on pre-made ingredients, I couldn't help thinking of Sandra Lee as I whipped these up.  Actually a little googling has revealed that this recipe comes from Australia's answer to Sandra Lee, the 4 Ingredients crew.

While it's not my usual food-prep style, I can't deny that these were simple and very popular.  (They also used up some Arnott's biscuits that may have been sitting in my cupboard for a year.)  I'd recommend eating them semi-frozen.



Little lemon cheesecakes
(this looks to come from the 4 Ingredients website)

8 butternut snap biscuits
250g cream cheese, softened
280g jar lemon butter
berries to garnish

Line 8 holes of a muffin pan with cupcake papers.  Place one of the biscuits in the base of each paper.

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.  Add the lemon butter and beat until smooth and completely combined.  Spoon the mixture into the cupcake papers and smooth over the tops; freeze the cheesecakes until firm, 2-3 hours.

To serve, give the little cheesecakes 5 minutes to thaw, and garnish them with berries.

4 comments:

  1. These would be easy to make gf and vegan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sound good to me - I am glad to see that those biscuits last well - I have a packet of chocolate ripple biscuits I bought ages ago and keep thinking I must use them us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, those look really tasty! I always *hated* the whole 4 Ingredients concept, but those don't look half bad.

    I also saw the Kwanza cake. WTF!

    xox Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. K, I was thinking the same thing - I'll probably give it a go for your upcoming potluck.

    Johanna, you should definitely give them a test nibble! I couldn't believe that these were still edible, but I guess that's industrial-strength preservatives for you.

    Sarah, I'm with you all the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete