Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 5, 2011: Leftover makeover - spiced lentils on toast (breakfast serial part V)

Lentil tacos have been getting multiple runs in our kitchen recently - they're unfussy, flexible and reasonably healthy.  Leftovers do very nicely on toast too!  For breakfast on Saturday morning I layered our remaining grated carrot and lentils on bread and popped them under the grill to warm through, finishing them with the last quarter avocado and a side glass of orange juice.

This would make an excellent meal or snack at any time of the day.  I found that the lentils kept me satisfied for hours, something I'm always looking for and particularly in the morning.  A Sunday night lentil-simmer is all you'd (I'd) need to enjoy this toast all week long.

2 comments:

  1. I love leftovers on toast and the avocado sounds a delicious addition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, me too! My usual habit is to stuff things inside a toasted sandwich, sometimes with cheese.

    ReplyDelete