Sunday, November 02, 2008

October 23, 2008: Trippy Taco III

So you know the story: Michael loves Trippy Taco, Cindy loves Trippy Taco. What's new? We've found two (and a half) more reasons to love the place. One: the Trippy Fries ($4). Just look at them! If your look is sufficiently longing, maybe Tracy and Lee, who actually bought this bowl of fries, will take pity on you and let you taste them. It worked for me and it paid off well - these seasoned fries are great! They've just a hint of heat about them, and you can always help yourself to Trippy Taco's range of hot sauce if you're after fire fries.

Number two: the spicy grilled tofu. You can't really see it, but there's a treasure trove of these smoky little cubes within these tacos (tofu asada tacos, $9). You can also enjoy them in a burrito ($9), which is what Michael did.

The extra half a reason is dessert, which you've only half a chance of finding room for. This nutella banana melt ($6) was a tasty as it is plain-looking, but before you commit to such a thing, ask one of the staff about their dessert specials. It turns out I could instead have had a sweet corn tamale with banana, icecream and maple syrup. Major, major regret. Don't let it happen to you!
____________

You can read about two of our previous visits to Trippy Taco here and here.

5 comments:

  1. I have only experienced Trippy Taco at Confest and I've truly felt the love. I think I might have to head on over for a bite. You've got me craving the goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post sent Dan and I off to Trippy Taco today for a spot of lunch (so nice to have the long weekend!). We loved it! Thanks for the great recommendation.

    I'll post our thoughts up shortly, but all I can advise is that you get yourself back there for that dessert special. My god. It was sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Dani - I'd never heard of Confest before (just looked it up) but it looks good, and a good fit for Trippy Taco. :-)

    Awesome, Mellie! I'm looking forward to your post. And to that dessert... I must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Trippy Taco and can't wait for their new shop to open in Gertrude Street.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Us too, Nicole! Michael's keeping an eye on the shop front. :-)

    ReplyDelete