Though it doesn't look like anything special, this cookie has made my week. This adaptation of the chunky monkey cookie just might pass for an empty-calorie choc-flavoured carb-fest, fooling even the anti-banana brigade. Here's how I mixed it up:
- I went all the way and used only wholemeal flour and it didn't diminish the experience one bit. In fact it made my afternoon snack more filling and satisfying.
- I upped the cocoa from 1/3 to 1/2 cup for madly chocolatey experience.
- I used smooth instead of my usually-favourite crunchy peanut butter.
- While I used mashed bananas for binding, I left out the extra chunky one and added some dried cherries and blanched almonds instead.
- Instead of making trays and trays of dainty bites, I went all out an fashioned a dozen mega-cookies.