Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Green Mans Arms III

March 1, 2021

   

Green Man's Arms has changed up its menu since our pre-COVID visits. A highlight of their current menu is the vegan charcuterie ($20, with a gluten-free option). It's a gorgeous platter of focaccia, olives, pumpkin and eggplant dips, macadamia-based feta, and a wide assortment of fresh and pickled vegetables. Nestled between the pumpkin dip and focaccia, there are also a few discs of mock chorizo - I enjoyed their nutty, salty flavour without any point of reference and my more chorizo-familiar companion was really impressed by them.

We ordered this plate in its ideal context - when we had plenty of time to pick over it, and over the movie we'd just watched across the street at Nova.
____________

You can read about our previous visits to Green Man's Arms here and here. Since then it's been blogged by Olive SundaysGreen Gourmet Giraffe and Whatever Floats Your Bloat.
____________

Green Man's Arms
418 Lygon St, Carlton
9347 7419

Accessibility: The entry has a small lip from the street and there's a step up between the front bar and the dining room. There's full table service in the dining room. Toilets are gendered and located on the same level as the dining area.

6 comments:

  1. Oh so fancy! I love how fresh it all looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan - perfect description! It far exceeded my expectations.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious - I need to go there soon - perhaps with a movie at the nova! (what movie did you see - there seem a few good ones around just now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johanna! I saw Firestarter - The Story of Bangarra on this night and LOVED it. Can also recommend The Father, which we saw on the weekend. :)

      I've got Promising Young Woman and Minari on my wishlist too!

      Delete
    2. There are lots of good movies about right now - I saw The Father last week and found it so clever and well acted and beautifully shot but it really made me feel so confused when I came out in a really empathetic way. And we had the charcuterie platter afterwards which I loved - at Green Man's Arms - was sad to hear there is no longer kombucha on tap there but it was available in a bottle.

      Delete