Sunday, September 24, 2023

One for the Crow II

August 26, 2023

   

I noticed that One for the Crow announced a new menu mid-winter, and we arranged to try it out with the Moody Noodles. The new menu is a fun mix of all-day breakfast, burgers, bowls and sandwiches, all vegan and with gluten-free options marked. 

Ordering the Lamb Open Bowl ($22) was a bit out of character for me, but I bet on a winner here! The mock lamb was well marinated and teamed with soft, sweet red onion. The accompanying Greek-style salad included a lovely, creamy fetta; I chose chips over quinoa, dipped them in the tzatziki, and folded whatever I could fit into the most pillowy-warm pita. It was a generous portion and it took me a long time to eat, but I relished every bite and let my friends have a few chips too.

   

Michael chose the more classic brunch dish of baked beans ($18) and added sausages and tempeh bacon ($5 each). The green garnishes of dill and salsa verde had the beans looking extra vibrant, and Michael gave them a tick for taste too.

There's plenty more on the menu that I'd love to try, but I'll be just as tempted to revisit that fabulous mock lamb.
____________

You can read about our first visit to One for the Crow here.
____________

One for the Crow 
9 Commercial St, Maidstone 
9080 1806 

Accessibility: There is a small step on entry. Tables are regular height, chairs have backs, and they're quite densely arranged with a very wide pathway through the middle of the café. We ordered and paid at a high counter, and didn't visit the toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment