Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December 14, 2008: Eat Pizza

Ten pizzas. Overflowing with vegetables, basil, cheese and pepperoni. All vegan. Whoa!

They come from Eat Pizza, a new restaurant and takeaway in Maribyrnong - the perfect location for Emily to host a tasting party. The roasted vegetable and veggie-with-the-lot-plus-pineapple were very popular but actually, I'm more a fan of simple combinations - I loved the basil and cherry tomato pizza, the garlic pizza, and especially the pepperoni pizza. All the bases were made with wholemeal flour, and it make its presence known without being too heavy. We admittedly haven't sampled Mebourne's best-known vegan pizzas (at Plush Pizza in Hawthorn), but these were mighty impressive.

Address: 44 Raleigh Road, Maribyrnong
Ph: 9317 7977
Website: www.eatpizza.com.au
____________

You can also read other accounts of the night at Miss T: Princess Vegan, unwakeable, kblog and The Fairest Feed.

5 comments:

  1. One more time now: but the cherry tomato pizza needed more cherry tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat Pizza is not far from my house, I pass this place at least once everyday and I always say we need to try it. Considering you gave it a pretty good review, I think we might have Pizza for dinner soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I'd happily chow down on more cherry tomatoes; Michael, not so much. :-)

    Maria, they seem to offer more than just vegan pizzas so there should be plenty to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to get them to deliver to my place last night... they don't go that far. Doh!

    ReplyDelete