Monday, March 14, 2011

March 6, 2011: Poached quinces with yoghurt (breakfast serial part VI)


Among the first cohort of breakfast tweets, Anh suggested poached fruits with yoghurt.  I hopped to it when the quince tree at work was harvested and the rewards shared amongst staff.  I tried poaching quinces for the first time last year and followed the same recipe again for this batch.  Their fragrance is really quite something.

I'm always after a little textural variation so I was compelled to top my quinces and yoghurt with some roughly chopped hazelnuts.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't registered that Quinces were ripening! I love to poach quinces so much. I like the idea of eating them with hazelnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum this looks delicious. I am very jealous of your quince tree since seeing this.

    ReplyDelete