Sunday, May 05, 2024

Pickles Milk Bar II

April 12, 2024

   

I've become a regular visitor to Pickles Milk Bar, often cycling down to pick up a sandwich on a work-from-home lunch break. On my most recent trip I had a flexible day on my own and decided to eat in and try a not-so-cycle-friendly shake. The soy milk-based miso caramel shake ($10) was thick, cold and super sweet - I didn't pick up on any miso nuance. Meanwhile, the sausage roll ($7) was a sturdy fellow filled with well-seasoned mock meat, and accompanied by a lovely relish. It carves its own space alongside my homemade fave, and the cheaper La Panella roll.
____________

You can read about our first visit to Pickles here.
____________


Pickles Milk Bar 
1008 Lygon St, Carlton North 

Accessibility: There is a small lip on the door and a relatively spacious interior with a low counter. There is a line of bench seating along the wall, with small low tables and low backless stools. We ordered and paid at the counter. We didn't visit the toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment