Thursday, June 04, 2009

June 1-2, 2009: Heidi's Nikki's healthy cookies

Another recipe knocked off my to-bake list and shared around during a lab seminar - these are Nikki's healthy cookies, as published on Heidi's 101 Cookbooks. I was rather keen to try them now that I have my own jar of coconut oil - Heidi's been featuring nourishing baked goods with increasing frequency and the few I've tried have all been gobbled up with gusto. These were no exception, with the batch vanishing within the hour. I must admit that they weren't my favourite of the lot; the no-added-sweetener formula really showed when I used 70%-cocoa chocolate. They were very heavy on the oats, too... perhaps the real underlying problem was a shortage of mashed banana. Don't let my fussing put you off, though - these received their share of compliments after the more academic themes of the day had been discussed.

To make these cookies for yourself, head to 101 Cookbooks for the recipe.

4 comments:

  1. They sound great! I've added them to my bake list now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought these look interesting too - if I make them I will make sure the bananas are very ripe as I am sure that makes a difference to the sweetness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they need to be on my must bake list as well, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies! I'd be interested to see them pop up on your blogs sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete