Today this blog reaches another little milestone - 800 posts! It's a good time to update our where's the best? guide. New home cooking highlights include:
- caramelised onion dip
- broccoli soup with lemon-chive cream
- heaven-sent haloumi
- eggplant lasagne rolls
- tempeh lasagne
- believe-it-or-not broccoli burgers
- the cheesy tuna bake that isn't
- mushroom paprikash (this is old news but we've only really grown to appreciate it recently)
- raw lime pie
- red velvet cupcakes
- Babka, Mitte, Mixed Business and Juanita's for breakfast,
- La Panella and the Vegie Hut for their cheap vegan faux meats,
- Peko Peko and Idea Fine Food and Wine for a mid-priced meal, and
- Ezard and Circa, the Prince when we're really splashing out.
This is also a good time for another giveaway, right? Up for grabs are a couple of winter-friendly items that we've recently been enjoying ourselves - a copy of Soup For All Seasons, written by Las Vegan's Lia Vandersant and Liam Davies, and a canister of Monsieur Truffe Hot Dark Chocolate Mix.
To enter the draw, tell us about your favourite veg-friendly recipe for winter in the comments section below. Give us enough information that we could try making it ourselves, or just link to the recipe if it's already available online. We'll make and blog the winning entry, and any others that especially take our fancy!
If you don't wish to add a contact email address publicly to our comments, then email us at email@example.com as soon as you've posted your entry so that, if you win, we can arrange delivery of your prize. We won't share your email address with anyone else or hassle you ourselves once this giveaway's been given away. Entries close at midnight on Tuesday June 30.