Saturday, November 24, 2007

November 17, 2007: Leftover makeover - dessert pesto II

My first set of chocolate clusters were transformed into a sweet spread and the leftover ingredients from my ginger-cashew clusters received the same treatment. This time I blended the cashews, glace ginger and chocolate with Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese to smooth it out.

The 'pesto' was a success equal to my first attempt and I found some even better biscuits to team it with! These are Arnott's Lattice biscuits, pastry squares that are like sweet glazed SAOs. I haven't had them in years, though I do remember some incredible passionfruit vanilla slices made with them when I was growing up.

2 comments:

  1. I remember those Lattice biscuits - I haven't had them for years either! The dessert pesto looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Agnes! I reckon the lattice biscuits are worth revisiting - see if you can track them down at the supermarket. :-)

    ReplyDelete