Sunday, May 08, 2022

Brother Bon III

May 4, 2022

   

Last week I visited my workplace for the first time in 2022, and I proposed to Michael that we meet at Brother Bon for dinner on my way home. It was a cold, wet and dark evening so I immediately zoomed in to the Comfort Foods section of the menu and ordered a chicken and gravy roll ($26).

This meal didn't quite match the Big/Red Rooster chicken rolls of my youth but still earned top marks in that comfort category. A soft round bun was unexpectedly sliced vertically, stuffed with coleslaw, fried chicken chunks and avocado. A passing staff member offered to fetch me a knife, but I couldn't see how that would help! I ate it awkwardly but happily with my hands. The small side salad was lovely, the chips were ultra-chunky, and the gravy was served on the side.

Brother Bon has such an extensive and appealing menu that'll it'll probably be a while before I circle back around to this dish. I'm glad I found the right occasion to try it.
____________

You can read about some of our previous Brother Bon meals here and here.
____________

Brother Bon 
377-379 High St, Northcote 
9077 1335 
menu page 1, 2 

Accessibility: The entry is flat and tables are moderately spaced. We ordered at our table and paid at a low-ish counter. Toilets are individual non-gendered cubicles with a shared sink space. The cubicle I used included menstrual product disposal, and another one was marked for both wheelchair access and a baby change station. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good for a chilly night. I just looked at the menu and wow, it is huge! So many good options to work through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO MUCH to try! Will I ever make it? Especially with those amazing fish and chips on offer?!

      Delete