Saturday, July 03, 2021

Wattleseed damper

June 26, 2021

   

I'm on my way to completing Nornie Bero's set of damper recipes! My latest attempt has been the wattleseed version. It's another simple loaf and, as I think Bero herself comments in her cooking video, this spice gives the damper a lovely coffee-scroll kind of flavour, very much my style for breakfast. Bero's recommended spread is a blend of 70% butter and 30% golden syrup, and it's the perfect gently-sweet accompaniment. I enjoyed pulling it all together on a quiet Saturday morning, got a couple of chores done while the loaf was baking, then brewed a cup of tea and relaxed into this treat from the couch.

2 comments:

  1. Damper is such a nice quick bread to make - this sounds very interesting with the wattleseed and butter golden syrup spread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johanna, it's gotta be a quick bread for me to make it for breakfast. :D

      Delete