Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 23, 2009: Fandango II

Fandango is still rocking breakfast. Here are three more reasons why:

1. Their back courtyard is cute, and includes a heater now that the weather's getting chilly.


2. Their dandelion lattes ($3) are sweet and lovely. (Vegans beware: although soy milk is available, I think I tasted honey in the brew.)


3. Their French toast ($12). It typically comes with bacon but obviously I skipped that. The toast was the eggiest I've ever encountered and the baked apple was a little undercooked but all was forgiven the moment I tasted the maple butter. Silky, sweet and just superb.
__________

You can read about our first visit to Fandango here.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm I need to discover more breakfast places, I'm stuck in a perpetual A Minor Place / Ray rut. Must explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are in the frozen north again you should try Sosta Cucina for lunch or dinner. Meat heavy menu but they are accomdating to vegos and the eggplant parmigiana is to die for. Not a cheap place but soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a tasty rut, at least, Lisa. :-)

    Thanks for the recommendation, Hannah! I haven't heard of Sosta Cucina before, though I must surely have walked past it. Looks like there are enough tasty small vego plates on the menu to share. :-)

    ReplyDelete